Chapter 22: You're In!

Sid's POV

"I can't believe I almost kissed her, what was I thinking? I'm engaged!" I say aloud thinking back to last night. I try to turn my attention back to the Canes and Habs game. Victoria should be in LA by now, I'm suppose to catch a 8:00 flight there tomorrow morning. Maybe it'll be good to get away for a while clear my head. I go outside for a minute on to my deck. I go to look up at the stars, but much to my dismay it's cloudy. I hear a sharp whistle and a few of the dogs go past me and into her house.

I sigh and think back to last night. I had seen her go out on the deck and I figured we could just talk like normal. But as soon as her eyes caught mine, I dunno I just couldn't look away. I thought back to the beach, when as soon as her lips touched mine, it was like a million fire works going off. Then before I knew it I was leaning in, picturing her plump lips against mine. God, if Victoria hadn't said something, there would have been no stopping me. I looked up from my hands as something cold and wet touched the back of my neck. To my surprise it's snowing. I look over to Caitlin's house to see her standing on her steps, grinning up at the sky.
'Damn it she was right!' I smile to myself. I go back inside, and turn in for the night.

"What do you mean all the flights are cancelled!!!" I yell into the phone.

"I'm sorry Mr. Crosby but due to the big snow storm last night all the flights are cancelled," the man says.

"When will I be able to get out?" I sigh, damn Victoria would be furious.

"Probably not until the 26th," he responds, "I really am sorry Mr. Crosby, have a good Christmas."

"You too," I grumble before hanging up.

I call Victoria, dreading doing so even as I press the buttons.

"Hey, baby what's up. Are you on the plane?" she asks.

"No. All the flights are cancelled until the 26th, we got a huge snow storm here last night, and they aren't letting any planes out of the city. I'm really sorry." I sigh into the phone.

"What?!" she yells, "Well, your going to just have to tell them that you're Sidney Crosby and that you need to come to LA!"

"I'm sorry I can't, I guess we're going to have to spend this Christmas apart."

"Well, then you're just going to have to drive over here," she says angrily.

"Victoria, are you out of your mind. It will take me until the 26th to drive there."

"Fine. But I won't get your presents," she says pouting into the phone.

"You will, I won't be able to make it for Christmas, because we have a hockey game on the 27th."

"Can't you just skip a game?"

"NO, I can't just skip a game. This is my job, Victoria!"I yell into the phone.

"I know I'm sorry. I guess I'll talk to you later."

"You, too. I'll call you tomorrow," I say hanging up the phone. Damn it, now I have to spend Christmas alone, how sad is that. 'I need to vent.' I think about going for a run but it snowed over a foot of snow last night, that would be close to impossible. I look at my clock, 6:02. I put on my boots and trek to the house next door. I pound on the door, and I hear the dogs barking.

Caitlin opens the door a few minutes later, a robe covering her. But it's not tied so I can see that the only thing covering her is an over sized t-shirt, just barely covering her lower half. I inhale sharply as I gaze at her long toned legs.

"It's early," she says simply, her hands on her hips, "I have another hour and a half at least."

"Do you see what happened," I say pointing outside, "Why the hell did it do that?" she peeks her head around me and immediately her tired eyes open wide, a smile spreading across her face. The dogs run past me and out to play in the snow.

"Ooooo, how much is out there?!"she replies like a little kid.

"Enough, to cancel the flights until the 26th," I grumble.

"There has to be at least a foot out there," she says not hearing me.

"Did you hear me?! I can't get out of the city, I can't be with Victoria on Christmas,"I yell.

"Oh, Sid, I'm sorry come in." she says opening the door for me.

I tell her my story about how I can't get out of the city and she listens intently.

"Sid, I'm so sorry. How's Victoria, she probably flipped her lid."

"To say the least. What am I going to do, I have to spend Christmas alone, it's going to suck." I say looking at the floor.

"Bah humbug! Can't you spend it with Colby or someone?"she asks.

"No everyone went home to there families. But no, I had to stay in the city one more day."

"Calm down. You can always come with me. I'm going to spend Christmas with my family, it's about an hour drive from here."
"I thought your parents lived in Maryland."

"They do, but they come up during the holidays, both of their parents live up here. And all my Aunts and Uncles come up. It's always a blast."

"I don't know, it's kinda last minute." I hesitate.

"Oh, please, my grandparents will love having you, and you're already packed."

"Alright, I'll come."

"Awesome, believe me you'll enjoy it. Did you eat breakfast?" she asks getting up.

"Nope what you got?"

"Well, I would be in bed, but now I'm too excited. How bout french toast?"

"Sweet!"I say following her into the kitchen.

"Well, you're in." she yells from the kitchen into the living room where I was watching TV with most of the dogs.

"Are you sure it's okay, I don't want to be putting you guys out."

"Sid, seriously it's fine. I talked to both of my grandparents and they're over joyed."

"alright so when are we leaving?"

"Umm... I still need to pack a few things and the dogs..."

"The dogs are coming too?"

"Well yeah, what else am I going to do with them. I would board them but it's Christmas."

"What was I thinking?" I reply sarcastically.

"You apparently weren't," she laughs, "Any ways we'll head out about 3, that way we can drop the dogs off at my mom's parent's house, which is where we'll be staying. Then I'm going to Church with them at 5, you don't have to come if you don't want to."

"No I'll come," I respond.

"Okay, then mass will be over at like 6:30, and we'll go back to the house and have the
traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Then we'll open presents and stuff in the morning, eat breakfast, and then at like 2 we'll head to my other grandparents and eat dinner there. God I can't wait!" she says grinning.

"Sounds good. So what's this 'traditional Christmas Eve dinner'?"

"Well, it's basically a mix of my grandfather's Slovak heritage and my grandmother's Ukrainian. We have this nasty soup every year that I never eat, and would advise you against eating it too." she responds wrinkling her nose.

"What's in it?"

"Well, my grandmother makes home made noodles. which are good. But the soup it's self is basically mushrooms that have been cooking in a sauerkraut broth all day. I like sauerkraut, but yuck."

"Wow, you really got me looking forward to this."

"That's the only bad part, besides the Lima beans. We have perogies, fish, and my favorite the , bobalki which is basically little bread balls in cabbage. It's awesome."

"Too bad you're not at all excited about this trip!" I laugh sarcastically.

"And it's a white Christmas too, which makes it even better!" she smiles back at me.

August 24, 2008 at Sunday, August 24, 2008

1 Comment to "Chapter 22: You're In!"

LOVE IT!!! my bff is Ukranian and when i should her she was so happy!

Post a Comment

So... what did you think?

 
Creative Commons License
Discovering...Love? by AS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.