Chapter 11: A Little Late for That

"BRRRRRRR....BRRRRR...."

"hmmm," I groan. I move a little and feel the solid muscle next to me, my leg tangled in one much larger than mine, my hand on a muscular chest, and my head pillowed on his shoulder with his strong arm around me. The events of least night come rushing back to me as I look at Sidney still sleeping, he looks so cute sleeping like a little kid, I just can't help but smile.

'Oh my God! what time is it.' I think, but I immediately cease panicking upon looking at the clock.

'4:30, who in there right mind would call me at 4:30!'

"BRRRRRR...BRRRRRR..."

I groan again, this time a bit too load.

"What is that?" I hear a very groggy Sidney ask.

"I think its my phone vibrating on the floor," I say untangling myself from him and bending down to find my phone on the floor next to my hoodie.

"Hello?"

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!?!" a voice yells so loud that I have to hold the phone away from my ear. Sid sits up and looks at me with a confused look on his face

"Amber?"

"Yes, and the rest of us," I hear a very pissed Jamie respond. Oh great there all on the speaker phone.

"Do you know what time it is?" I ask.

"Yeah, we do, but do you know what time it is? Caitlin where are you?"

"I'll be right back," I murmur to Sidney. He nods his head in understanding and I get up and walk to the bathroom connected to his room.

"I'm fine. I'll be home around when the sun is up," I say trying to brush off the question of where I am.

"Where are you?" Amber repeats.

'Damn.' I sigh knowing that I have to give in and tell them, "I'm right next door."

"Oh, Caitlin you didn't," Emma says.

"Can we talk about this when I get home?"

"Caitlin, why? we're going to be leaving in 2 days," Jamie sighs.

"I know okay. I'm a big girl I can take care of myself."

"Caitlin..."

"No, not now okay, don't spoil it. I'll be home later. Good night guys, go to sleep." I say and with that I snap my phone shut. I walk back into the room and get in bed again.

"Who was that?" Sid asks putting his arm around me.

"Just my friends wondering where I am." I say snuggling into him.

"They sounded pretty upset, do you want to go?"

I shake my head, " No I want to be here with you."I say simply.

He tilts my chin up kissing me sweetly on the mouth and wrapping his arms around me. "Good, cause I don't want you to leave."

I smile as we lay down and drift back to sleep. Soon his breathing has slowed and his heart beat beneath my hand is steady, telling me he has fallen back asleep.

Jamie's words,"We're going to be leaving in 2 days." stick in my mind. Two days. Two days and then I'll probably never see him again. I think back to the conversation I had with Emma a few days earlier.

' he's not going to wait for you to finish college, so you two can be together. I just don't want you to get hurt.'

"It's a little late for that," I whisper quietly to myself as I look over at the man I have fallen for a sleep next to me.

'Two days and he's gone' I think as I feel a warm tear slide down my cheek and hit Sidney's shoulder.

August 03, 2008 at Sunday, August 03, 2008

2 Comments to "Chapter 11: A Little Late for That"

I love this story! I can't wait to see what happens between them once they leave the beach. =)

Post a Comment

So... what did you think?

 
Creative Commons License
Discovering...Love? by AS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.