Chapter 12: Puck Bunny, Gold Digger, Whore

Sidney's POV

I wake up and reach for the beauty next to me. Last night was amazing, if this keeps up I'm going to be falling for her, have fallen, Oh damn. I think to myself. I went on this vacation trying to get away from people, but then she came along. At first I thought it was just a summer fling, but after last night, I don't think I can leave her in two days. We'll be away from each other a lot, but we can make it work. Suddenly I realize that Caitlin's not next to me. I sit up and look around until I spot her standing by the window staring out onto the beach. Much to my dismay, she is fully clothed. I look at the clock, 6:30, she doesn't have to leave yet, does she? I get up and slip on a pair of boxers. I stand behind her and put my arms around her.

"Good morning," I say kissing her cheek.

"Where is this going?" she asks.

"Huh?" I know it doesn't sound very smart, but she's really thrown me off.

"Where is this going?" she repeats turning around to look at me, "I'm leaving for Maryland in two days. So are we done in two days?"

I look at her with a stunned expression, "Do you want us to be done in two days?"I ask dreading her response.

"No, I don't. I really like being with you and God knows I've tried my damnedest not to but I've fallen for you, but..."she starts explaining.

"Oh good," I let out a sigh of relief. "Well, I don't want it to be over either, I don't know how you did it but you've managed to capture my heart in a matter of days. I want us to be together after this, for God knows how long. I love that your comfortable with who you are and that I can be myself and totally honest with you," I start.

She lets out a heavy sigh. "But you haven't been have you?"

"What are you talking about?" she keeps throwing these curve balls and I don't know what she's talking about.

"We both haven't been very honest. We've been keeping something from each other, and the ironic thing is that its the same thing?"

"What do you mean?" I ask concerned.

"Sidney, I know."

"You know what?"

"I know who you are."

"And I know who you are, I don't see what the problem is."

"Damn it Sidney don't you get it, I know who you are."

"You mean..."I now know what she's talking about. But who told her, was it Jordan, Colby?,"How long have you known?" I ask darkly.

"Since I bumped into you on my jog,"she says quietly.

But that would mean that she knew who I was all this time. Now she tells me right after we slept together, what is she some kind of puck bunny?

"How could you not tell me you knew? How did you know, what...?" I was so confused, I basically just told her I loved her and then she springs this on me.

"I told you I live in Maryland," she begins.

"So you lied to me about where you live? You live in Pittsburgh don't you, your one of those girls who just wants to sleep with all the players and then brag about it. You probably don't even go to college, you probably get money from the guys you trick into falling in love with you, and then you throw them away once you've got what you needed. Well way to go now you can tell all your puck bunny friends that you slept with Sidney Crosby, too bad you didn't get a cent from me! I can't believe you! You really had me falling for you and everything. Bet you have some real good stories to tell the rest of the whores!" I shout.

I expect her to start crying and run out, instead she stands there glaring at me, her dark brown eyes have turned a red brown color. At first I see hurt in them, but it soon turns to rage.

"I can't believe you'd accuse me of something like that! I never told you a lie, I just didn't tell you that I knew who you were because you never asked. If anybody lied it was you! You said that you didn't play hockey. I figured if you really cared about me than you would tell me what you really do for a living. Especially when its so much a part of your life. I knew you'd be a bit pissed when you found out I knew. But calling me a puck bunny and a gold digger, that's just shit and you know it Sidney,"she yells back at me.

"God I don't want to hear your lies, you've done enough. Just get out of this house, I never want to see you again!"I scream.

She looks taken back for a minute and all I see is pain in her eyes, then suddenly as if someone flipped a switch, she glares at me.

"Fine." she spits out before stalking out the bedroom door.

I look out my bedroom door just in time to see her slam the front door behind her. I then realize that all the guys are looking out of their bedroom doors at me. Colby opens his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it.

"Not now, okay!" I growl.

Caitlin's POV

"Puck bunny, gold digger, whore."

Sid's words stick in my mind as does the hatred in his face. God I should have never brought it up, he wanted to be together. But I guess he would have found out sometime. I knew he'd be angry, but I didn't think he would accuse me of being the 'Wicked Witch of the West'. The whole time as he screamed at me I wanted to just run away and cry, but I learned long ago that wasn't the right thing to do. I kept my cool... sort of. I felt the tears starting to well up again.

'No girl, he's not worth it.' I say to myself, but I know that he is.

I push the tears back once again, not letting them brake loose. I walk in the front door and the house is silent. Luckily everyone is in bed, I don't think I can deal with them right now. Suddenly a black dog comes over to me.

"Hey, Bran," I say bending over to pet him, my voice shaking as I try to say strong, "Let's go for a walk."

He looks at me with those piercing blue eyes, and he knows something is wrong, but he follows me out the door anyway. He leaves my side once to do his business, but other than that he walks right by my side. Once I'm about a mile up the beach from the houses and out of sight, I sit down exhausted. Bran sits next to me and licks my cheek, even though he's only nine months old he is already bigger than Labrador. That little action just pushes me over the edge and here by myself with only my dog and the sea as my witness, I burst into tears. I bury my head in Bran's strong neck, allowing myself to drown in the sorrow of losing a love. There I said it, I love him. But he hates me.

August 03, 2008 at Sunday, August 03, 2008

1 Comment to "Chapter 12: Puck Bunny, Gold Digger, Whore"

Oh my god this is amazing!! write more soon please i'm in love with your story

Post a Comment

So... what did you think?

 
Creative Commons License
Discovering...Love? by AS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.