Chapter 32: BRAN!!!

I stand there flabbergasted as my heart drops into my stomach. I can't believe him! He's the one who said he'd be there for me, that I could count on him. And before we even get started he puts a halt on everything.

"You... what?" I growl in an attempt to keep my voice from breaking. He turns around and looks at me very confused. Then upon seeing me, his eyes light up and he smiles. He walks over to me and pulls me into a hug.

"No, that's not what I meant. I have a game at 7:30 and I need to get ready, so I can't talk right now," he chuckles kissing my cheek.

"Good thing you saved yourself, Crosby, because I was going to have to beat you," I sigh letting myself melt in his arms.

"And I bet you could take me too, but I need to get ready."

"Alright, good luck!" I say pulling away after kissing his cheek.

"Thanks, are you going to watch?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course I'm going to watch."

"If you want you can come to the game, I think I can spring you some tickets."

"Really! Ah, but, I shouldn't."

"Why?"

"Sid, I just got home from like 10 days on the road. I haven't seen 2 of my dogs in that amount of time and I don't want to leave them again so soon. So as extremely tempting as that sound, cause there is nothing better then a hockey game, I think I'll stick to the TV. Sorry." I say guiltily.

"No problem, I understand. Do you have to work tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm headed back first thing in the morning.""Alright then I guess I'll see you sometime tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll be home at like 3ish, you can just come on over."

"Okay. I'll see you later, I have to go," he sighs looking at his watch.

"K, Good luck. Tell the team to whip those Flyers out of Pittsburgh, nobody wants them here."

"Will do," he says kissing my cheek and walking away.

I spend the night in my own bed again, for the first time in over a week, but it's still missing something. I get up the next morning to my dogs crowded around me(which is extremely nice in the cold weather), but I wish it were Sid.

The next morning I get up with much difficulty (I hate Mondays), but I manage to do my normal morning routine, save the jog. I grab a cup of coffee and walk out the door to the scene of my dogs playing in the snow. Because I have been away from life for so long, I decide to take them to work with me, which is a pretty regular occurrence. As soon as I'm out of the door the bitter cold hits me. I go warm up the car and see Maggie begging me to let her in. All my dogs love the snow and cold, especially Koda and Bran, but Maggie has a very thin coat and must wear a jacket to keep her warm. She shivers as she looks up at me and whines.

"Aw, Maggs I'm sorry, I didn't know it was going to be so cold, let's go get your jacket," I say leading her back into the house. After putting on her blue quilted coat, which is in no way girly, we head back outside and go to the car. I let everyone in the back, except for Bran who sits in the passenger seat beside me.

We get to my office area and I unlock the door because Mary (my secretary/ receptionist) isn't there yet. I walk through the front desk area and over to my unlock my personal office door. The dogs all immediately go inside to make sure nobody has touched their beds when they were gone. I throw my keys on my desk before walking out to the front desk to sort through mail and check the messages. On top of the phone is a pink post it note,

Caitlin,
I figured you'd be exhausted when you got back so I didn't book reservations until Wednesday. I hope you're not mad, but I figured you'd need some more rest, so take some more time off, because you're Wednesday schedule is going to be crazy!!! Sorry for making it that way, but Beth called me and told me you were a little banged up and to make you take it easy for a few more days.

Talk to you Wednesday,
Mary

"Errrrr.... Beth!" I growl. I know she's worried about me, but I can take care of myself, she's worse then my mother. Although I don't protest to much to the few extra days off, cause I'm still feeling a bit weak.
"Alright guys, we're going back home!" I call into the office causing the dogs to run out a little confused.I text Sid to tell him that I'm not going to work and that we can spend time together earlier then planned.

"Great! All the guys say they miss you, so don't be surprised if we all show up at your door at lunch time." he texts back making me laugh, he's like a little kid bringing all his friends home.

"That's fine, but you guys have to bring all the food and stuff being that there is nothing in my house."

"Will do."

I load the car back up with dogs and head back to my house. Once I get back to the house I change into old warn out jeans and a t-shirt. Just as I'm about to head back down the stairs, I see a line of other cars pull into my driveway. As soon as all the cars are parked between Sid's driveway and mine, I let the dogs out. I slip on my snow boots and walk outside to greet them. On my way down the steps I pick up a hand full of snow. I look for an unsuspecting victim and my eyes fall on Colby who is walking backwards talking to Kris Letang. I throw the snowball at him, and it hits him square in the back.

"What the...?"he says turning around, "Caitlin."

"Yes, Colby?" I ask innocently.

"Oh, please I know you threw it, you have that guilty grin on your face," he growls grinning at me.

"What ever are you talking about?"I smirk and my eyes widen as I see him run towards me. I laugh as I quickly speed away from him and up the steps into the house. I walk in the house and take my boots off, I turn around and I'm met by a pair of strong arms holding me. I look up to see Max Talbot grinning down at me mischievously.

"You wouldn't," I smirk.

"Oh I would," he smiles quietly before yelling, "HEY COLBY! I think I might what you're looking for!"

Colby comes running in the house after taking his shoes off. I try to wiggle out of Max's arms, but he's too strong for me to do it with out hurting him. I squeal as Colby begins his tickle torture. "No one can save you now!" he laughs.

"BRAN!!!" I shout between my uncontrollable laughter. Moments later Bran comes rushing in through the door over to my aide. I know he likes all the guys so he won't do anything to Colby. He manages to push himself between me and Colby so that Colby has to stop. Max let's me go and I praise Bran for his heroic behavior.

"What would I do with out you," I laugh as he wags his tail, his blue eyes staring at me. In a few minutes every body is inside and making themselves at home.

"Where's Sid?" I ask Marc who is standing near me holding bags on Chinese food.

"He said to tell you he had to meet with some people for awhile, but he'd be over soon," he replies fallowing me into the kitchen.

"Oh, okay."

Two hours and a rousing game of poker later, I see Sid pull into his drive way and make his way over to the house.

"Maggie, Sid's here,"I call to the greyhound sitting on the couch next to Petr Sykora watching some of the guys play a wii game. She immediately jumps up and goes running to the door waiting for him to come in. I walk back into the kitchen to get something to drink.

"I think she's in the kitchen," I hear Petr say.

I turn from the counter just in time to see Sidney walk in the door way. He looks extremely tired and warn out. He comes over to me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hey rough day?" I ask as he sets his head on my shoulder.

"Mmmhmm," he mumbles.

"What happened?"

"Just a bunch of little loose ends and stuff, you know the boring, tedious stuff that just exhausts
you."

"Yeah, that sounds like fun."

"Believe me it really isn't."

"Well, why don't you just relax."

"I might just head home, being that everyone is here," he sighs pulling away from me.

"That's fine, if you want though, you can take my room upstairs, nobody really goes upstairs so
you wouldn't be bothered."

"Okay, I'll do that."
"I'm sure once you wake up that everyone will still be here."

"Yeah, okay," he yawns as he heads up the stairs.

"What's the matter with Sid?" Marc asks from the recliner.

"He's just really tired, so he's going to sleep for a bit."

A few hours pass and everyone starts to head home, but Sid's still upstairs sleeping. Colby is the last one to leave, and after I say good bye, I head upstairs to see Sid. I find him sprawled out on my bed. He looks so peaceful sleeping with one arms behind his head. It always amazes me how men turned into little boys when they were asleep. I crawl on the bed next to him and kiss his cheek. He groans quietly and his arm comes around me drawing me into him. I lie next to him, feeling his warmth against me and breathing in his scent. I smile before falling asleep curled up next to him with his arm draped around my waist.

September 27, 2008 at Saturday, September 27, 2008

3 Comments to "Chapter 32: BRAN!!!"

Awww this was cute! I thought for a minute that he was mad at her

And I love how all the guys make themselves at home at her place...I'd love it if they came over to my house to hang out! :)

More soon, please!

Posted by Anonymous ( September 27, 2008 at 6:46 PM )

I am with Lauren, there's a shock:) This story is soooo growing on me, keep up the great writing...

I love this story and I totally agree with Lauren, I wouldn't mind if the guys all made theirselves at home at my house. Please post more soon! =]

Post a Comment

So... what did you think?

 
Creative Commons License
Discovering...Love? by AS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.